Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Pandoras - It's About Time (1984) (LP)


Holy fucking motor oil, it's alive! Right off the bat this album spin kicks you in the jaw, shouts "Fuuuuuck youu", and then continues to pummel for thirty five glorious minutes. It has practically everything to offer one in the kingdom of rock and roll; from the bark 'n wail garage rock of Tav Falco (I Want Him/High On A Cloud), to the killer grooves of The Stones (I'm Here I'm Gone/It Just Ain't True), to the dreamy 60's psych-pop of early Jefferson Airplane (He's Not Far/You Lie), and almost everything in between. If you don't dig this record pretty babies then quite simply you don't dig rock and roll. So get on it and shuffle up, 'cuz The Pandoras are the real deal!

Kick out the hams mother hubbard!

4 comments:

Emm said...

Yes, Yes and more Yes!! Dowloaded this awhile ago and just got around to it. What took me so long?

Dead Dog said...

glad you dig it, its such a brilliant little frenzy!

kidsoncrux said...

recently discovered this record at my housesitting spot and it led me to this blog thx, dude!

kidsoncrux said...

recently heard the entire record for the first time at my housesitting spot. glad to have found this blog on my hunt for it at home! thx, dude!