Friday, February 19, 2010

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy (1985)


I've been doing this blog for over a year now, and somehow have managed to go the entire time without posting this, possibly my favourite album of all time. So here it is, another classic that most of you have probably heard and liked or disliked (stupid). For those of you who have not, you are in so much luck; the best dream-pop rock and roll ever made is on this album! With tiny aspects of early rockabilly and the like, combined with an airy noisey space-rock acid fuzz reverberated curmudgeon of sound that will blow your ears and move your feet, all while still maintaining its true pop aesthetic, it really doesnt get much better than this. So enjoy or die worthless you fucking fuckers, it's pretty obviously great.

"I get ahead on my motorbike! I feel so quick in my leather boots!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok. I'll do it....you're right it is great.