Thursday, December 15, 2016

Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou - Éthiopiques Vol. 21: Piano Solo (2006)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/stc9ibxht2v4pze/ETMG%C3%89V21PS2006.rar
Emahoy Tsegué-Maryam Guèbrou
Éthiopiques Vol. 21: Piano Solo (2006, Buda Musique)

"I actually meant to post this a few years ago when I was really digging hard on the Éthiopiques series, but for whatever reason it slipped past me. Alas, here we are. Quite possibly the most beautiful piano work I've ever heard, a truly incredible blend of traditional Ethiopian and classical composition. Get it, listen to it, then listen ten more times. You'll find inner peace the likes of which you didn't know possible, believe me. Probably the best album I've posted all year!" - DD

3 comments:

mike roman said...

Many thanks DD for posting.... Heard of Emahoy on BBC Radio 3 yesterday where they visited her in Jerusalem where she now lives. She certainly has the touch...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this wonderful album. Very appreciated!

Dead Dog said...

Both welcome! She most definitely has the touch -_-
Tranquility now, serenity later!!